This vegetable takes its name from Greek and means “immature” since cucumbers are eaten unripe. Cucumbers are widely used not only in cooking but also in medicine and cosmetology. In cooking, cucumbers are used raw, pickled and salted.
Cucumbers contain 95-97% water, and the remaining 3% are proteins, fats and carbohydrates combined. Cucumber contains vitamins (groups A, B, C), micro and macro elements (a large amount of potassium). Regular consumption of this vegetable improves digestion. Due to the high content of fibre in cucumbers, their constant use in food helps to get rid of excess cholesterol in the body and improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
It is advisable to combine the consumption of cucumbers with the use of meat dishes, which are difficult for the body to process. In cucumbers, enzymes are present that improve the digestibility of animal proteins.
The content of vitamins in cucumbers (per 100g of edible portion):
- Vitamin A – 0.06 mg
- Vitamin B1 – 0.03mg
- Vitamin B2 – 0.04mg
- Vitamin C – 10, 00 mg
- Vitamin E – 0.10mg
There are no reviews yet.